No one should live in substandard housing!
Who We Are...
Habitat for Humanity, Stanislaus is a Christian faith-based housing ministry connecting people from all faiths and walks of life to work with families in need to improve housing in this community and worldwide.
- All people deserve a decent place to live.
- Families in need are best served with a hand up, not a handout.
- People will be better citizens when there’s hope they can, one day, become homeowners.
- Habitat should increase awareness around various housing issues.
- We don’t just build houses, we change lives.
What We Do...
Habitat for Humanity, Stanislaus partners with the community to help with needed improvements and revitalization activities. Habitat offers affordable housing solutions for the local workforce. These low-income families help themselves by building sustainable housing throughout Stanislaus County.
When selecting a family, the following is considered:
- Need for adequate housing.
- Family income is less than 80% of the area median income.
- Willingness to become a partner family and contribute at least 500 hours toward home construction.
- Excellent work and credit history is required to insure loan repayment
How It Works...
- Utilizes volunteer labor force.
- Accepts donated materials and in-kind services.
- Families repay 100% of the cost over time through an affordable, amortized, 0% interest loan.
- Funds are then recycled and used to build more homes.
- Every Family provides at least 500 hours of “sweat equity."
How You Can Help...
- Habitat brings people from all socio-economic backgrounds together from area churches, civic groups, schools, businesses to build houses in partnership with families who need a place to call home.
- Monetary Donations
- Adopting a Project through sponsorship
- In-kind gifts and material donations
- Land and home donations
- Prayer Warriors
- Committee Members